Saturday, September 20, 2014
Dylan: Ok Lendy, we play in a couple days so what should be the name of our band?
Lendy: How about...
Dylan: On second thought, don't suggest a name for our band. So Joseph? Do you know any good names for our band?
Joseph: Were an Alternative Rock band right?
Dylan: Well yes, but we play other versions of rock too.
Joseph: Alright then, how about we call ourselves Del, Len and Joe.
Dylan: Ok, that's not bad, but we should try to come up with a name that doesn't use our names.
Buck Fleaur: Hey how did you guys get in here!? You weren't expected to play here!
Dylan: Oh its you Buck, We were just hanging out that's all.
Buck Fleaur: On the other hand, you guys can perform with us tomorrow.
Dylan: On second thought, we will just end this comic.
* Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach is an actual concert venue in Virginia Beach.
* While Dylan look the same way as usual, Lendy and Joseph look more like rock stars in this comic.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
This is part two to the previous comic I posted a few days ago. This time the Pirate Guy challenges Dylan into fishing to see who gets the bigger fish. Here is the dialog below:
The Pirate Guy: Arrgh! So what brings you here when I'm working here now?
Dylan: Look we don't want any trouble okay.
Arrgh! Too bad! I am about to challenge you again
Dylan: Well ok then lets do this
(The Next Day)
Dylan: Whoa! My fish is bigger, looks like I win again
The Pirate Guy: Arrgh! Man!
* Both Lendy and Joseph did not speak this whole time in both The Fish Connection two part comics.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
This is part one of this Virginia Beach Comic I made. In this comic, Dylan was eating his fish dinner and decides to go fishing tomorrow at the Rudee Inlet, but turns out it was too windy for fishing so he eats at Captain Georges instead and encounters The Pirate Guy again. Here is the dialog below:
(At the Virginia Beach Resort Hotel)
Dylan: Man I should go fishing tomorrow.
(The Next Day features the Rudee Inlet and then shows Captain Georges Seafood Restaurant at dinner time)
Dylan: It was too windy for fishing so we went to Captain Georges instead.
The Pirate Guy: And I just took over the restaurant.
Dylan: Ok sounds like this could be a two part comic.
TO BE CONTINUED
* Captain Georges Seafood Restaurant is a seafood restaurant located in Virginia Beach, but there are also locations in Williamsburg VA (which I ate at this one like ten years ago), Outer Banks of North Carolina and Myrtle Beach SC.
* Rudee Inlet is a place for dining, boat tours, fishing charters, jet ski rentals and more. Here is their website for more information: http://visitrudeeinlet.com/
* This comics title is a play on the 1971 film, The French Connection.
Monday, July 14, 2014
Ok guys this is another Virginia Beach comic I did. This time it is about Blockbuster going out of business, which happened in November 2013. However, I honestly not sure when the Virginia Beach stores closed since I haven't been living there since 2007, but I decided to do this comic on the closure of Blockbuster. Here is the dialog below:
(Joseph approaches Blockbuster)
Joseph: Huh? Did Blockbuster close or something?
Dylan: Yo Joseph, haven't you heard? Blockbuster went out of business.
Joseph: What?! Aw man! We have to deal with Redbox now?
Dylan: Not really, there is Netflix and you can buy DVDs at stores like F.Y.E.
Joseph: But I actually want to go into a place where you can rent movies.
Dylan: Well there is House of Video and Naro Expanded Video in Norfolk if your interested in both.
Joseph: Actually I know two places in the West Coast that I like even more, Salzers in Ventura CA and Scarecrow Video in Seattle.
Dylan: But those are all the way other side of the country.
Joseph: Aww man right, if only a teleporter was invented.
Dylan: Yeah you mean like the ones on Star Trek?
Joseph: Yeah my thoughts exactly
* Blockbuster actually has 50 franchised stores still open, several of them are in Alaska and Texas: http://www.blockbuster.com/franchise.html
* House of Video and Naro Expanded Video are real video stores in the Hampton Roads area: http://www.houseofvideo.com/ and http://www.yelp.com/biz/naro-expanded-video-norfolk
* Salzers is also a real video store and across from it is a record store with the same name and owner: http://www.yelp.com/biz/salzers-video-ventura
* Scarecrow Video is also a real video store in Seattle WA, and believe it or not, they may have DVDs and Blu Rays to rent, but they still have VHS and even Laserdisc to rent!: http://www.scarecrow.com/
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Dylan: What the? who put this here?
(Lendy crashes her VW into the art sculpture)
Lendy: Aw man! Third time this month!
Diana: Hey who put this here? Was it you Dyl?
Dylan: No it was not me girls, I don't even know why this is in the middle of the road! And Lendy did you drink and drive?
Lendy: No it's this stupid thing in the way!
Dylan: alright my fellow feminists, we need to do something about that awesome piece of art that's distracting us from driving!
Lendy: Ooh! I know, lets sell lemonade!
Diana: Yeah we can have a bake sale too!
Dylan: Niether of those things would work girls, were going to have to just deal with it being here, it looks cool anyways
Diana: Yeah your right, its awesome!
Lendy: Ooh I know! Lets make it pretty by decorating it.
Dylan: No lets not because that's vandalizing if you decorate it without permission.
* This is an actual art sculpture seen in this comic, here are some details about it: http://hamptonroads.com/2013/08/15000pound-wave-sculpture-headed-va-beach and http://www.vbpublicart.org/thesculpture.html.