Sunday, August 30, 2015
Dylan: Alright, I can't wait to play this new Monopoly game.
Lendy: Wow, is that the new Monopoly that includes Virginia Beach and Chesapeake as properties?
Dylan: Yep this is that new Monopoly Here & Now that includes Virginia Beach and Chesapeake as properties why, you want to play this version?
Lendy: Of course I do! Monopoly is my favorite board game and our city is in this one.
(While they play the game)
Lendy: You landed on my property, you owe me $3500!
Dylan: Oh come on! You just bought that hotel!
Joseph: Hey guys, what's up?
Lendy: Oh we were playing that new Monopoly Here & Now game that includes Virginia Beach as a property.
Dylan: And she just won the game!
* This is the shortest Virginia Beach comic I made for the year, but the Neptunes Festival comic I made in 2013 was the shortest one I ever did for the Virginia Beach series.
* The board game featured in the comic is Monopoly Here & Now and it actually does include Virginia Beach and Chesapeake in this edition.
* It is unknown what store Dylan got the game inside the Lynnhaven Mall.
* The board game that was shown on that table is really an Monopoly knockoff called Virginia Beach'opoly, which is an Monopoly styled board game, but it is all dedicated to the city of Virginia Beach. Here is some more information here: http://hamptonroads.com/node/335861
* Like always, these characters I made for the Virginia Beach comics are created on http://www.sp-studio.de/
Monday, August 10, 2015
Dylan: Alright girls since you two want extra cash for yourselves, I will give you the job of watching both lighthouses tonight.
Lendy: You're so nice to us Dyl, i'll take the black and white one because it matches my white beret and black hair and tank top.
Diana: I'll take the brick one because brown is the same color as my hair.
Dylan: Heh heh you girls, anyways you two get to stay the night in these lighthouses since you are working there all night.
Diana: So we get to sleep here then?
Lendy: If were sleeping here tonight, should we get whatever stuff we need and want at our place?
Dylan: Yes bring whatever you two want over here tonight and I will give you two some cash for you to order a pizza or Chinese or whatever.
Lendy: Why thank you so much Dyl for the money.
Dylan: Yeah don't mention it Lendy, now you two get your stuff and then get to work.
(Late at night)(Close to midnight)
Lendy: Hey Diana are you awake still?
Diana: Of course I'm awake Lendy, these giant light bulbs in these lighthouses make it impossible to sleep.
Lendy: I know! Also I thought maybe we can take a break from watching the ocean by making prank calls.
Diana: O-M-G! That's exactly what I want to do right now! Who should we call?
Lendy: Umm let's see, how about Dyl?
Diana: Um are you sure about that Lendy? Because he could snap at us for goofing off.
Lendy: I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
Diana: Well okay if you say so.
(Midnight at Dylan's room)
Lendy: 'Ello Govena? Who is this I'm speaking too?
Dylan: Very funny Lendy, I know it's just you goofing off and hold on somebody's trying to call me so I'm going to call you back.
Diana: Hello who is this I'm calling right now?
Dylan: Girls, please get back to work, it's past midnight and you two should be watching the ocean and not be making prank calls in the lighthouse.
(Few seconds later)
Diana: Lendy, I think we should go back to work now.
Lendy: Yeah your right Diana, we should have been looking out for ships and not making any prank calls this whole time.
Diana: Yeah good idea Lendy.
* These two lighthouses are located at Cape Henry, which is located at the northeast corner of Virginia Beach.
* If you look closely, Lendy ordered a pizza while Diana ordered Chinese food.
Saturday, July 25, 2015
Joseph: Now these waves are exactly why we need a ditch work and surf day.
Tyler: You said it Joseph.
Dylan: Alright everybody I got some of our folks at Cox Cable and Hardee's to join our Ditch Work N' Surf day.
Julie: Hey We only joined because our Hardee's is under health inspection.
Diana: Who else is joining?
Kirk: What Up Chumps?
Manson: Count me in, not because I don't care.
Mindy: Oh god not you again Kirk, the jerk!
Dylan: Wow Kirk, I did not even know that you even had a job still, that is just plain shocking and disturbing at the same time.
Kirk: Hell yeah, I still work at SPCA and Lendy knows this because she comes to the SPCA every week just to adopt kittens.
Dylan: Oh yeah that's right Lendy, your room and sometimes my room gets packed with kittens every weekend.
Lendy: Yep, I just love kitties
Manson: There is one thing I want to know is why did you conformists organize an ditch work and surf day? There are a lot of shark sightings around lately because of the ocean is very warm this year.
(Everybody but Kirk and Manson have their mouths open in shock about the news.)
Kirk: You suckers didn't even know about this did you?
Manson: Kirk just shut up! Look if I were you guys, I would call the Ditch and Surf off and go back to work.
Dylan: Fair enough we'll go back to work just because we don't want to get eaten by sharks.
Joseph: Should we reschedual? because we all really wanted to try this.
Tyler: Yeah because we all wanted to ditch work today.
Manson: I wouldn't recommend ditching another day because you could all get yourselves fired if you attempt to do it again.
Dylan: Alright fine we'll go back to our jobs, we need the money anyways.
Julie: Well me, Wilbur and Frank may be out of work for a little longer because of our Hardee's is under health inspection still.
* There are a lot of clothes changes for the characters in this comic, for example Dylan is wearing a Japanese Santa Cruz Skateboards t-shirt (as well as in the previous comic), Lendy, Manson and Wilbur are wearing tye-dye shirts, Julie's clothes are similar to Diana's, Kirk wears a Batman tank top and if you look closely, Tyler is wearing an Hawaiian shirt.
* Just like in the previous comic, they all have white surf boards.
* There has actually been a lot of shark sightings lately, there were sightings in Virginia Beach as well as other cities in California, New Jersey, North Carolina, New York, etc.
* When Dylan, Lendy, Joseph, Tyler, Diana, Mindy, Julie and Wilbur had their mouths open in shock, it is a reference to the Surprised Patrick Meme: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/surprised-patrick
Saturday, July 11, 2015
Dylan: It was cool that your boss gave me and Lendy discounts at the 17th Street Surf Shop Joseph.
Joseph: Yes I certinally have a cool boss.
Tyler: Hey Joseph are you off work today bro?
Joseph: Yeah dude, my boss gave me a day off.
Lendy: And his boss gave me and Dyl discounts.
Dylan: So does this mean you have to work today Tyler?
Tyler: Yes I do have to go to work unfortunitaly, but hey its for the money.
Dylan: Wow bummer, We'll see you later I guess.
Tyler: But guys wait, why did our boss gave Dylan and Lendy discounts when they never even shopped here before.
Dylan: Yeah I was just thinking why did your boss give me and Lendy discounts when we don't even shop here?
Joseph: You know what, Screw work guys were going surfing!
Tyler: I think I might as well call it a ditch work day just to surf.
Joseph: Alright we have four people ditching work so far now who else wants to join?
Dylan: I think I will declair this day in July as ditch work and surf day!
Lendy: And I can ask Diana if she wants to surf too.
Diana: Heck yeah I will join you guys!
Joseph: And I wonder how many more people will be ditching work and surf today?
FIND OUT IN THE NEXT COMIC WHO!
* 17th Street Surf Shop is a surf shop chain that has locations in Virginia Beach (as seen in the comic), Chesapeake, VA, Outer Banks, NC and Wilmington, NC.
* When Joseph says "Screw work guys were going surfing!", it is a reference to Cartman saying "Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home!" in several episodes of South Park.
* Dylan can be seen wearing a blue shirt with the Santa Cruz Skateboards logo in Japanese.
* Lendy can be seen wearing purple sunglasses and a purple tye-dye shirt.
* Dylan, Joseph, Lendy and Diana all have a white surfboard.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Joseph: Oh boy I can't wait to skate again after my injuries from three years ago!
Dylan: Once I find a parking spot, you can go ahead and skate as much as you want Joseph.
General Gakas: Excuse me guys, were you invited at the NAS Oceana BBQ picnic?
Dylan: Um no? Why is Mount Trashmore closed to the public exept for those in the military?
General Gakas: Yes Varmits! You guys have to find another park because this park is closed to everyone today unless your in the military.
Joseph: Aw man!
Dylan: Oh I see, I guess well find another park then.
(Leaving Mount Trahmore Park)
Dylan: Sorry we couldn't go to Mount Trashmore Park Joseph.
Joseph: Oh well, at leased I could just skate on the sidewalks.
Lendy: Hey how about this park?
Dylan: Oh yeah this park, good thinking Lendy.
Joseph: Dude why doe's this park not have a skateboard park yet, but at leased I could use this skating ramp. I'm going to try a kickflip off from this ramp.
(Joseph passes the ramp on his skateboard)
Joseph: Oh crap! I'm going off course!
(Joseph falls off his skateboard)
Joseph: And I just fell off my board.
Dylan: Joseph are you okay dude?
Joseph: Yeah I'm fine, I think my board had some loose wheels. And to be fair, I kinda want to go to 7 Eleven and then to the beach.
Dylan: Well Lendy do you want to go to 7 Eleven and then to the beach?
Lendy: Sure I'd love to get a Slurpee and swim in the ocean.
Dylan: Well in that case lets go already
Joseph: But I don't have my surfboard with me.
Lendy: Me either
Dylan: (Sigh) Joseph you're killing us because we don't have our board you know that?
* This is the second time Mount Trashmore has appeared in the Virginia Beach comic series, the first time was in "You'll Crashmore If You Skate at Mount Trashmore" back in 2012.
* In real life, I'm sure a park like Mount Trashmore wouldn't be closed off for a private party since its a public park.
* City View Park was the park that was closest to my old house in Virginia Beach.
* Dylan drives a 1963 Chevy Impala as shown in this comic.