Saturday, July 25, 2015
Joseph: Now these waves are exactly why we need a ditch work and surf day.
Tyler: You said it Joseph.
Dylan: Alright everybody I got some of our folks at Cox Cable and Hardee's to join our Ditch Work N' Surf day.
Julie: Hey We only joined because our Hardee's is under health inspection.
Diana: Who else is joining?
Kirk: What Up Chumps?
Manson: Count me in, not because I don't care.
Mindy: Oh god not you again Kirk, the jerk!
Dylan: Wow Kirk, I did not even know that you even had a job still, that is just plain shocking and disturbing at the same time.
Kirk: Hell yeah, I still work at SPCA and Lendy knows this because she comes to the SPCA every week just to adopt kittens.
Dylan: Oh yeah that's right Lendy, your room and sometimes my room gets packed with kittens every weekend.
Lendy: Yep, I just love kitties
Manson: There is one thing I want to know is why did you conformists organize an ditch work and surf day? There are a lot of shark sightings around lately because of the ocean is very warm this year.
(Everybody but Kirk and Manson have their mouths open in shock about the news.)
Kirk: You suckers didn't even know about this did you?
Manson: Kirk just shut up! Look if I were you guys, I would call the Ditch and Surf off and go back to work.
Dylan: Fair enough we'll go back to work just because we don't want to get eaten by sharks.
Joseph: Should we reschedual? because we all really wanted to try this.
Tyler: Yeah because we all wanted to ditch work today.
Manson: I wouldn't recommend ditching another day because you could all get yourselves fired if you attempt to do it again.
Dylan: Alright fine we'll go back to our jobs, we need the money anyways.
Julie: Well me, Wilbur and Frank may be out of work for a little longer because of our Hardee's is under health inspection still.
* There are a lot of clothes changes for the characters in this comic, for example Dylan is wearing a Japanese Santa Cruz Skateboards t-shirt (as well as in the previous comic), Lendy, Manson and Wilbur are wearing tye-dye shirts, Julie's clothes are similar to Diana's, Kirk wears a Batman tank top and if you look closely, Tyler is wearing an Hawaiian shirt.
* Just like in the previous comic, they all have white surf boards.
* There has actually been a lot of shark sightings lately, there were sightings in Virginia Beach as well as other cities in California, New Jersey, North Carolina, New York, etc.
* When Dylan, Lendy, Joseph, Tyler, Diana, Mindy, Julie and Wilbur had their mouths open in shock, it is a reference to the Surprised Patrick Meme: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/surprised-patrick
Saturday, July 11, 2015
Dylan: It was cool that your boss gave me and Lendy discounts at the 17th Street Surf Shop Joseph.
Joseph: Yes I certinally have a cool boss.
Tyler: Hey Joseph are you off work today bro?
Joseph: Yeah dude, my boss gave me a day off.
Lendy: And his boss gave me and Dyl discounts.
Dylan: So does this mean you have to work today Tyler?
Tyler: Yes I do have to go to work unfortunitaly, but hey its for the money.
Dylan: Wow bummer, We'll see you later I guess.
Tyler: But guys wait, why did our boss gave Dylan and Lendy discounts when they never even shopped here before.
Dylan: Yeah I was just thinking why did your boss give me and Lendy discounts when we don't even shop here?
Joseph: You know what, Screw work guys were going surfing!
Tyler: I think I might as well call it a ditch work day just to surf.
Joseph: Alright we have four people ditching work so far now who else wants to join?
Dylan: I think I will declair this day in July as ditch work and surf day!
Lendy: And I can ask Diana if she wants to surf too.
Diana: Heck yeah I will join you guys!
Joseph: And I wonder how many more people will be ditching work and surf today?
FIND OUT IN THE NEXT COMIC WHO!
* 17th Street Surf Shop is a surf shop chain that has locations in Virginia Beach (as seen in the comic), Chesapeake, VA, Outer Banks, NC and Wilmington, NC.
* When Joseph says "Screw work guys were going surfing!", it is a reference to Cartman saying "Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home!" in several episodes of South Park.
* Dylan can be seen wearing a blue shirt with the Santa Cruz Skateboards logo in Japanese.
* Lendy can be seen wearing purple sunglasses and a purple tye-dye shirt.
* Dylan, Joseph, Lendy and Diana all have a white surfboard.