Thursday, June 29, 2017

Virginia Beach Comic Thirty Three: A.R.E. You Meditating?


What's up, this is another Virginia Beach comic I have made. In this comic, Akiko goes to the A.R.E. to meditate, however that gets interrupted constantly by getting phone calls. Here is the dialog below:
(Comic begins at Edgar Cayce's A.R.E.)
(Akiko is meditating when all the sudden her phone rings)
Akiko: Dare ga sore o suru koto ga dekiru? I'm trying to meditate here (picks up her phone), Konichiwa?
Lendy: Hey Akiko! Get over here so I can kick you in the shins!
Akiko: Ugh! Can you please not bug me right now hippy chick, I'm at the A.R.E. meditating!
Lendy: Wait, wait, wait? You're meditating? Why don't you come out here to try this kick in the shins therapy and trust me it's worth it!
Akiko: You know what, I don't need to talk to you right now so saynonara!
(Akiko goes back to meditation, but her phone rings again)
Akiko: Konichiwa?
Kirk: Hey Japanese chick, you sound hot, do you want to...
Akiko: Leave me alone because I'm meditating right now? Mochiron!
Kirk: Geez, I was going to tell her that volunteer positions are open again.
(Akiko's phone rings again)
Akiko: Ima kore wa daredesu ka? I'm trying to meditate here so what do you want because you're the third person who's interrupted my meditation!
Some Dude in a Grim Reaper Costume: Geez Akiko, sorry about your meditation being interrupted constantly, but you should set you phone to do not disturb so no one will get a hold of you and this comic can come to an end.
THE END
TRIVIA:
* The comic's title, "A.R.E. You Meditating?" is a reference to Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.), which it's headquarters in Virginia Beach is the setting in this comic.
* Shin-kicking is a combat sport where you get kicked in the shins as well as kicking your opponents. Shin-kicking has been described as an English martial art.
* Mochiron means "Of Course" in Japanese.
* Dare ga sore o suru koto ga dekiru means "Who could that be?" in Japanese.
* Saynonara is Japanese for goodbye.
* Kore wa ima daredasu ka? is Japanese for "Who is this now?"
* Some Dude in a Grim Reaper Costume appears to be wearing a Skull graphic-tee shirt along with the costume.
* Like always, these characters I made for the Virginia Beach comics are created on http://www.sp-studio.de/

No comments:

Post a Comment